Peanut Butter Bunnycakes Recipe
SKILL LEVEL : IntermediatePREP TIME : 75 Minutes
- 1/4 cup (1/2 stick) butter or margarine, softened (50 mL)
- 1 1/2 cups creamy peanut butter (375 mL)
- 2/3 cup granulated sugar (150 mL)
- 2/3 cup packed light brown sugar (150 mL)
- 2 eggs (2)
- 2 tsp vanilla extract (10 mL)
- 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour (550 mL)
- 1 1/2 tsp baking soda (7 mL)
- 1/2 tsp salt (2 mL)
- 1 1/2 cups milk (375 mL)
- VANILLA FROSTING (ready-to-spread or your favorite recipe)
- TINTED COCONUT (recipe follows)
- REESE Mini REESTER Bunnies
- 1. Heat oven to 350°F (180°C). Line muffin cups (2-1/2 inches/6 cm in diameter) with paper or foil bake cups.
2. Beat butter, peanut butter, granulated sugar, brown sugar, eggs and vanilla in large bowl until well blended. Stir together flour, baking soda and salt; add alternately with milk to butter mixture, blending well. Spoon batter into prepared cups, filling about 3/4 full.
3. Bake 20 to 25 minutes or until wooden pick inserted in centers comes out clean. Cool completely on wire rack. Frost with VANILLA FROSTING. Sprinkle TINTED COCONUT over frosting and garnish with REESE Mini REESTER Bunnies.
Makes about 27 cupcakes.
TINTED COCONUT: Combine 1/2 tsp (2 mL) water and few drops of food colouring in small bowl or small jar with cover or re-sealable plastic food storage bag. Add 1 cup (250 mL) sweetened coconut flakes. Toss with fork or shake closed jar or plastic bag until coconut is evenly coated; store in airtight container.