Peanut Butter Blossoms Recipe
SKILL LEVEL : Beginner
- 48 CHIPITS Mini KISSES Milk Chocolate Baking Pieces (48)
- 1/2 cup shortening (125 mL)
- 3/4 cup peanut butter (175 mL)
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar (75 mL)
- 1/3 cup light brown sugar (75 mL)
- 1 egg (1)
- 2 tbsp milk (30 mL)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract (5 mL )
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour (375 mL)
- 1 tsp baking soda (5 mL)
- 1/2 tsp salt (2 mL)
- granulated sugar
- 1. Heat oven to 375°F (190°C). Remove wrappers from chocolates.
2. Beat shortening and peanut butter in large bowl until well blended. Add 1/3 cup (75 mL) granulated sugar and brown sugar; beat until fluffy. Add egg, milk and vanilla; beat well. Stir together flour, baking soda and salt; gradually beat into peanut butter mixture.
3. Shape dough into 1-inch (2.5 cm) balls. Roll in granulated sugar; place on ungreased cookie sheet.
4. Bake 8 to 10 minutes or until lightly browned. Immediately press a chocolate into center of each cookie; cookie will crack around edges. Remove from cookie sheet to wire rack. Cool completely.
Makes about 4 dozen cookies.