Peanut Butter and Apple Crumble Recipe
SKILL LEVEL : Beginner
- 4 cups thinly sliced peeled apples (1 L)
- 1 3/4 cups CHIPITS REESE Peanut Butter Chips (300 g)
- 1 cup granulated sugar, divided (250 mL)
- 2 tbsp plus 1/2 cup all-purpose flour (30 mL plus 125 mL)
- 6 tbsp butter or margarine, divided (90 mL)
- 1 cup quick-cooking or regular rolled oats (250 mL)
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon (2 mL)
- Whipped cream (optional)
- 1. Heat oven to 350°F (180°C). Grease 9-inch (23 cm) square baking pan.
2. In large bowl, stir together apples, peanut butter chips, 3/4 cup (175 mL) of the sugar and 2 tbsp flour (30 mL). Spread in prepared pan; dot with 2 tbsp (30 mL) of the butter.
3. In medium bowl, stir together remaining 1/4 cup (50 mL) sugar, remaining 1/2 cup (125 mL) flour, oats and cinnamon; cut in remaining 4 tbsp (60 mL) butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Sprinkle oat mixture over apples.
3. Bake 40 to 45 minutes or until apples are tender and edges are bubbly. Let cool slightly. Serve warm with whipped cream, if desired.
Makes 6 to 8 servings.