Overnight Chocolate Chip Pull-Aparts Recipe
This delicious make-ahead dish is perfect for a morning crowd looking for a sweet pick-me-up! Great with afternoon coffee, too.
SKILL LEVEL : AdvancedPREP TIME : 25 Minutes
|1/3 cup||granulated sugar, divided (75 mL)|
|1/4 cup||warm water (50 mL)|
|2 tsp||dry active yeast, about 1 packet (8 g) (10 mL)|
|3/4 cup||warm milk (175 mL)|
|2/3 cup||melted butter, divided (150 mL)|
|1 tsp||vanilla extract (5 mL)|
|1/2 tsp||salt (2 mL)|
|3 2/3 cups||all-purpose flour, divided (approx.) (900 mL)|
|1 cup||CHIPITS Milk Chocolate Chips (250 mL)|
|1/2 cup||dark brown sugar (125 mL)|
|1/2 cup||CHIPITS SKOR Toffee Bits (125 mL)|
- 1. In a large bowl, dissolve 1 tsp (5 mL) granulated sugar in warm water. Sprinkle in yeast; let stand for 10 minutes or until frothy. Whisk in remaining sugar, milk, 1/4 cup (50 mL) melted butter, eggs, vanilla and salt. Add 3 cups (750 mL) flour; stir until mixture forms a soft, sticky dough.
2. Knead dough, adding remaining flour as needed, for 10 minutes or until smooth and elastic; knead in chocolate chips. Transfer to a greased bowl; cover and let rise in a warm, draft-free area for 1 hour or until doubled in bulk.
3. Place remaining melted butter in a bowl; toss brown sugar with toffee bits in a separate bowl. Transfer dough to a lightly floured surface and knead 4 to 5 times to release excess air.
4. Form dough into 1-inch (2 cm) balls (about 36 balls). Coat each ball in butter and lightly roll in toffee mixture. Layer dough balls evenly in a greased, 10-inch (4 L) bundt pan. Cover and reserve in the refrigerator overnight.
5. Preheat the oven to 350°F (180°C). Bake for 50 minutes or until the top is golden and sounds hollow when tapped. Cool for 5 minutes; turn out onto a serving dish. Serve warm.
Makes 12 to 16 servings.
• To make pull-aparts in the same day, place the filled bundt pan in a warm, draft free area to rise for 40 minutes or until doubled in bulk. Reduce baking time by 15 to 20 minutes.
• For an even greater burst of chocolate taste, substitute HERSHEY'S CHIPITS Baking Chips with HERSHEY'S CHIPITS Chunks.