Original REESE Peanut Butter Chip Cookies Recipe
SKILL LEVEL : Beginner
|1 cup||golden shortening (250 mL)|
|1 cup||packed brown sugar (250 mL)|
|1/2 cup||granulated sugar (125 mL)|
|2 tsp||vanilla (10 mL)|
|2 cups||all-purpose flour (500 mL)|
|1 tsp||baking soda (5 mL)|
|1 tsp||salt (5 mL)|
|1 3/4 cups||CHIPITS REESE Peanut Butter Chips (300 g)|
|1 cup||chopped nuts (optional) (250 mL)|
- 1. Heat oven to 375°F (190°C).
2. In large bowl, beat shortening, brown sugar and granulated sugar until fluffy. Beat in eggs and vanilla until creamy.
3. In medium bowl mix together flour, baking soda and salt. Gradually blend into butter mixture.
4. Stir in peanut butter chips and chopped nuts, if using. Drop from small spoon onto ungreased cookie sheets.
5. Bake 10 to 12 minutes, until golden. Let cool 1 minute; remove to wire rack. Cool completely.
Makes 6 dozen cookies.