Original CHIPITS Cookies Recipe
SKILL LEVEL : Beginner
- 1 cup softened butter (250 mL)
- 1 cup packed brown sugar (250 mL)
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar (125 mL)
- 2 eggs (2)
- 1 1/2 tsp vanilla extract (7 mL)
- 2 cups all-purpose flour (500 mL)
- 1 tsp baking soda (5 mL)
- 1/2 tsp salt (2 mL)
- 2 cups CHIPITS Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips (350 g)
- 1 cup chopped nuts (optional) (250 mL)
- 1. Heat oven to 375°F (190°C).
2. In large bowl, beat softened butter, brown sugar and granulated sugar until fluffy. Beat in eggs and vanilla until creamy.
3. In medium bowl, mix together flour, baking soda and salt. Gradually blend into creamed mixture.
4. Stir in CHIPITS Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips and chopped nuts, if using.
5. Drop from small spoon onto ungreased cookie sheet. Bake 10 to 12 minutes until golden brown.
Makes about 4 dozen cookies.