Oatmeal Butterscotch Cookies Recipe
SKILL LEVEL : BeginnerPREP TIME : 10 Minutes
- 3/4 cup butter or Becel® margarine, softened (175 mL)
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar (175 mL)
- 3/4 cup packed light brown sugar (175 mL)
- 2 eggs (2)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract (5 mL)
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour (300 mL)
- 1 tsp baking soda (5 mL)
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon (2 mL)
- 1/2 tsp salt (2 mL)
- 3 cups dry quick-cooking or regular rolled oats (750 mL)
- 1 3/4 cups CHIPITS Butterscotch Chips (425 mL)
- 1. Preheat oven to 375°F (190°C).
2. Beat butter with granulated sugar and brown sugar in a large bowl until well blended. Add eggs and vanilla; beat well.
3. Combine flour with baking soda, cinnamon and salt; gradually add to butter mixture, beating until well combined. Stir in oats and butterscotch chips; mix well. Drop by heaping teaspoons onto ungreased baking sheets.
4. Bake for 8 to 10 minutes or until golden brown. Cool slightly; transfer to a rack and cool completely.
Makes about 4 dozen cookies.
BECEL is a registered trade-mark of Unilever Canada.