No-Bake Butterscotch Haystacks Recipe
Butterscotch and Peanut Butter flavours combine in these easy-to-make bites that are perfect for parties, play time or picnics!
SKILL LEVEL : BeginnerPREP TIME : 20 Minutes
- 1 cup CHIPITS Butterscotch Chips (250 mL)
- 1/2 cup CHIPITS REESE Peanut Butter Chips (125 mL)
- 1 tbsp shortening (do not use butter, margarine, spread or oil) (15 mL)
- 1 1/2 cups chow mein noodles, coarsely broken (375 mL)
- 1. Line a rimmed baking sheet with wax paper.
2. Place butterscotch chips, peanut butter chips and shortening in a medium-sized microwave-safe bowl. Microwave at MEDIUM (50%) for 1 minute; stir. If necessary, microwave for an additional 15 seconds at a time, stirring after each interval, just until chips are melted and mixture is smooth.
3. Immediately add chow mein noodles; stir to coat. Drop mixture by heaping teaspoons onto prepared tray or into paper candy cups; let stand until firm. If necessary, cover and chill until firm. Store in tightly covered container in the refrigerator.
Makes about 2 dozen pieces.
� Chocolate Haystacks: Substitute 1 cup (250 mL) CHIPITS Dark Chocolate Chips, CHIPITS Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips or CHIPITS Milk Chocolate Chips for the butterscotch chips. Proceed with recipe as directed above with peanut butter chips, shortening and chow mein noodles.