No-Bake Butterscotch & Chocolate Oat Bars Recipe
SKILL LEVEL : IntermediatePREP TIME : 20 Minutes
|1 cup||CHIPITS Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips (250 mL)|
|1/2 cup||35% whipping cream (125 mL)|
|1 tbsp||butter (15 mL)||OAT LAYER:|
|1/2 cup||butter (125 mL)|
|1/2 cup||packed brown sugar (125 mL)|
|1/2 cup||natural almond butter (no sugar added) (125 mL)|
|1 tsp||vanilla extract (5 mL)|
|2 cups||quick cooking oats (500 mL)|
|1 cup||CHIPITS Butterscotch Chips (250 mL)|
|1/2 cup||toasted sliced almonds (125 mL)|
- 1. Chocolate Layer: Line an 8-inch (2 L) square baking dish with foil. Combine chocolate chips with whipping cream and butter in a small saucepan set over medium-low heat; cook, stirring, until smooth. Remove from the heat; set aside.
2. Oat Layer: Combine butter, sugar, almond butter and vanilla in a large saucepan set over medium heat. Cook, stirring often, until melted and bubbling around the edges. Stir in oats and butterscotch chips; cook, stirring, for 1 to 2 minutes or chips are melted and mixture is well combined. Remove from heat; stir in almonds.
3. Firmly press half of the oat mixture into the prepared dish. Spread the reserved chocolate mixture evenly over the oat layer. Crumble the remaining oat mixture over the chocolate layer; press gently to stick layers together.
4. Cover and chill for at least 2 hours (or up to 4 days) before cutting into small bars.
Makes 20 bars.
• Grease the bottom of a dry measure and use it to press the oat mixture into a tightly packed layer.