No Bake Café Mocha Bars
SKILL LEVEL : BeginnerPREP TIME : 20 Minutes
|1 cup||softened butter, divided (250 mL)|
|3/4 cup||CHIPITS® Coffee Flavoured Chips, divided (175 mL)|
|1 cup||chocolate wafer crumbs (250 mL)|
|1 cup||ground pecans (see tip) (250 mL)|
|1 1/2 cups||CHIPITS® Milk Chocolate Chips, divided (375 mL)|
|1 cup||icing sugar (250 mL)|
|2 tbsp||custard powder (30 mL)|
|1/4 cup||35% whipping cream (50 mL)|
- 1. Melt 1/2 cup (125 mL) butter in a medium saucepan set over medium-low heat. Add 1/2 cup (125 mL) coffee chips; heat, stirring until melted and smooth. Remove from the heat. Stir in the wafer crumbs and ground pecans. Press into a foil-lined 9-inch (23 cm) square baking dish.
2. Melt 3/4 cup (175 mL) milk chocolate chips in a bowl set over simmering water; cool slightly. Beat the melted chips with the remaining butter until smooth. Beat in the icing sugar and custard powder until smooth and spreadable. Spread over the base. Chill for 30 minutes or until firm.
3. Heat the whipping cream in the microwave on HIGH for 30 seconds or until steaming. Add the remaining coffee and milk chocolate chips; stir until smooth. Spread evenly over the filling. Chill for 1 hour or until set.
Makes 25 bars.
• For a richer flavour, toast the pecans in a dry skillet set over low heat, stirring often, until fragrant. Cool completely before pulsing in the food processor to grind.
• Substitute ground almonds or walnuts for the pecans.
• Store the bars in the refrigerator for up to 3 days, or in the freezer for up to 2 months.
• The bars are easiest to slice just out of the refrigerator.
• Custard powder is available in the baking section of most supermarkets.