Your little monsters will love decorating these chocolatey cupcakes.
SKILL LEVEL : BeginnerPREP TIME : 57 Minutes
|6 1/2 cups||homemade vanilla frosting or about 4 cans (16 oz./480 g each) ready-to-spread vanilla frosting (1 L plus 625 mL)|
|16 drops||green food colouring|
|3/4 cup||chocolate sprinkles (175 mL)|
|72||candy eyes (purchased or homemade)|
|1/2 cup||HERSHEY'S CHIPITS Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips (125 mL)|
|1 tsp||red sprinkles (5 mL)|
- 1. Prepare HERSHEY'S "ESPECIALLY DARK" CHOCOLATE CUPCAKES; cool completely. Tint vanilla frosting to desired shade of green.
2. Spoon or pipe about 3 tablespoons (45 mL) frosting on top of each cupcake. Flatten top of frosting and edge off sides with knife or spatula.
3. Cover top of each cupcake with chocolate sprinkles. Position candy eyes on side of green frosting; add chocolate chip "bolts" to the side and design scar with red sprinkles or thin frosting. Use similar techniques to design a Monster bride, if desired. Carefully remove cupcake papers, if desired and place on serving plate.
Makes about 36 decorated cupcakes.
HERSHEY'S "ESPECIALLY DARK" CHOCOLATE CUPCAKES
2 cups sugar (500 mL)
1-3/4 cups all-purpose flour (425 mL)
3/4 cup HERSHEY'S Cocoa (175 mL)
1-1/2 tsp baking powder (7 mL)
1-1/2 tsp baking soda (7 mL)
1 tsp salt (5 mL)
1 cup milk (250 mL)
1/2 cup vegetable oil (125 mL)
2 tsp vanilla extract (10 mL)
1 cup boiling water (250 mL)
1 cup HERSHEY'S CHIPITS Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips (250 mL)
1. Heat oven to 350°F (180°C). Line 36 muffin cups (2-1/2 inches (6.5 cm) in diameter) with foil or paper baking cups.
2. Stir together sugar, flour, cocoa, baking powder, baking soda and salt in large bowl. Add eggs, milk, oil and vanilla; beat on medium speed of mixer 2 minutes. Stir in boiling water (batter will be thin). Fill each cup about half full with batter.
3. Bake 10 minutes; carefully sprinkle 10 to 12 (about 1 teaspoon/5 mL) chocolate chips on top of each cupcake. Continue baking an additional 15 to 17 minutes or until wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool 10 minutes; remove from pan to wire rack. Cool completely. Makes 36 cupcakes.