Mocha Latté Chip Cake Recipe
SKILL LEVEL : Beginner
|3 cups||all-purpose flour (750 mL)|
|1 tbsp||baking powder (15 mL)|
|3/4 tsp||salt (4 mL)|
|1 cup||softened butter (250 mL)|
|1 3/4 cups||granulated sugar (425 mL)|
|1 1/2 cups||milk (375 mL)|
|1 tbsp||each vanilla extract and instant espresso powder (15 mL)|
|2 1/2 cups||CHIPITS Milk Chocolate Chips (625 mL)|
|3/4 cup||CHIPITS Milk Chocolate Chips (175 mL)|
|1/3 cup||each butter and corn syrup (75 mL)|
|1 1/2 tsp||instant espresso powder (7 mL)|
- 1. Preheat oven to 350°F (180°C). Grease and flour a fluted bundt cake pan.
2. Stir flour with baking powder and salt until combined.
3. Beat butter with sugar in a separate bowl until light and fluffy. Beat in eggs, adding one at a time.
4. Whisk milk with vanilla and espresso powder. On low speed, alternately beat in the flour and milk mixtures in two additions.
5. Add chocolate chips; stir until evenly distributed in batter.
6. Scrape batter into pan. Bake for 60 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the deepest point comes out clean. Cool in pan for 10 minutes; turn onto a rack and cool completely.
7. Glaze:Stir chocolate chips, butter, corn syrup and espresso powder in a medium saucepan set over medium heat. Cook, stirring, until mixture is glossy and smooth. Drizzle over cooled cake. Let stand until set.
• For a perfect presentation, leave the cake on the rack until the glaze is set before transferring to a cake plate or stand.