Mocha Glazed Brownie Cups Recipe
SKILL LEVEL : Intermediate
- 1/4 cup margarine or light margarine (1/2 stick) (50 mL)
- 2 egg whites OR 1/3 cup (80 mL) liquid eggs (2)
- 1 egg (1)
- 3/4 cup sugar (175 mL)
- 2/3 cup all-purpose flour (150 mL)
- 1/3 cup HERSHEY'S Cocoa (75 mL)
- 1/2 tsp baking powder (2 mL)
- 1/4 tsp salt (1 mL)
- MOCHA GLAZE
- 1. Heat oven to 350°F (180°C). Line small muffin cups (1-3/4 inches (4.5 cm) in diameter) with paper bake cups or spray with nonstick cooking spray.
2. Melt margarine or light margarine in small saucepan over low heat: cool slightly.
3. Beat egg whites and egg in small bowl on medium speed of mixer until foamy; gradually add sugar, beating until slightly thickened and light in color. Stir together flour, cocoa, baking powder and salt; gradually add to egg mixture, beating until blended. Gradually add melted spread, beating just until blended. Fill muffin cups 2/3 full with batter.
4. Bake 15 to 18 minutes or until wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. Remove from pan to wire rack. Cool completely. Prepare MOCHA GLAZE; drizzle over tops of brownie cups. Let stand until glaze is set. Store, covered, at room temperature.
Makes 24 brownie cups.
1/4 cup powdered sugar 50 mL
3/4 tsp HERSHEY'S Cocoa 4 mL
1/4 tsp powdered instant coffee 1 mL
2 tsp hot water 10 mL
1/4 tsp vanilla extract 1 mL
Stir together powdered sugar and cocoa in small bowl. Dissolve instant coffee in water; gradually add to sugar mixture, stirring until well blended. Stir in vanilla.