MINI REESE'S PIECES Muffins Recipe
SKILL LEVEL : BeginnerPREP TIME : 14 Minutes
- MINI REESE'S PIECES STREUSEL (recipe follows)
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour (375 mL)
- 1/2 cup sugar (125 mL)
- 2 tsp baking powder (10 mL)
- 1/2 tsp salt (2 mL)
- 3/4 cup unsweetened applesauce (175 mL)
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter (125 mL)
- 1/2 cup sour cream (125 mL)
- 1 egg (1)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract (5 mL)
- 1 1/3 cups MINI REESE'S PIECES Candy, divided (283g)
- 1. PrepareMINI REESE'S PIECES STREUSEL; set aside. Heat oven to 350°F (180°C). Grease or line muffin cups (2-1/2 inches (6 cm) in diameter) with foil or paper bake cups.
2. Stir together flour, sugar, baking powder and salt in large bowl. Add applesauce, peanut butter, sour cream, egg and vanilla. Stir just until blended. Stir in remaining candies. Fill muffin cups about 2/3 full with batter. Sprinkle 1 tbsp (15 mL) streusel mixture on top of each muffin.
3. Bake 20 to 25 minutes or until wooden pick inserted in center of muffin comes out clean. Cool in pan 20 minutes; remove to wire rack. Serve warm or at room temperature. Makes about 18 muffins.
MINI REESE'S PIECES STREUSEL: Combine 1/4 cup (50 mL) all-purpose flour and 1/4 cup (50 mL) packed light brown sugar. Cut in 2 tbsp (30 mL) cold butter or margarine until crumbly. Stir in 1/3 cup (75 mL) candies.