MINI REESE'S PIECES Chewy Oat Bars Recipe
SKILL LEVEL : BeginnerPREP TIME : 6 Minutes
- 6 tbsp butter, softened (90 mL)
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter (125 mL)
- 1/3 cup packed light brown sugar (75 mL)
- 1/4 cup honey (50 mL)
- 1/8 tsp salt (0.75 mL)
- 1 egg (1)
- 2 cups old fashioned oats (500 mL)
- 1/3 cup toasted almond slices* (75 mL)
- 1/3 cup raisins (75 mL)
- 1 1/3 cups MINI REESE'S PIECES Candy (283 g)
- 1. Heat oven to 350°F (180°C). Grease 8-or-9 inch (20-23 cm) square baking pan.
2. Beat together butter, peanut butter, brown sugar, honey, salt and egg in large bowl. Stir in oats, almonds, raisins and candies, until well blended. Spread evenly in prepared pan.
3. Bake 20 to 25 minutes or until edges are lightly toasted. Cool completely. Cut into bars. Store covered at room temperature.
Makes about 24 bars.
*To toast almonds: Heat oven to 350°F (180°C). Spread almonds in thin layer in shallow baking pan. Bake 8 to 10 minutes, stirring occasionally, until light golden brown; cool.