Mini Brownie Cups Recipe
SKILL LEVEL : Intermediate
|1/4 cup||light margarine (50 mL)|
|2||egg whites (2)|
|3/4 cup||sugar (175 mL)|
|2/3 cup||all-purpose flour (150 mL)|
|1/3 cup||HERSHEY'S Cocoa (75 mL)|
|1/2 tsp||baking powder (2 mL)|
|1/4 tsp||salt (1 mL)||MOCHA GLAZE|
|1/4 cup||powdered sugar (50 mL)|
|3/4 tsp||HERSHEY'S Cocoa (175 mL)|
|1/4 tsp||powdered instant coffee (1 mL)|
|2 tsp||hot water (10 mL)|
|1/4 tsp||vanilla extract (1 mL)|
- 1. Heat oven to 350°F (180°C). Line small muffin cups (1-3/4 inches (4 cm) in diameter) with paper baking cups or spray with vegetable cooking spray.
2. Melt margarine in small saucepan over low heat; cool slightly.
3. Beat egg whites and egg in small bowl on medium speed of mixer until foamy; gradually add sugar, beating until slightly thickened and light in colour. Stir together flour, cocoa, baking powder and salt; gradually add to egg mixture, beating until blended. Gradually add melted margarine, beating just until blended. Fill muffin cups 2/3 full with batter.
4. Bake 15 to 18 minutes or until wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. Remove from pan to wire rack. Cool completely. Prepare MOCHA GLAZE; drizzle over tops of brownie cups. Let stand until glaze is set. Store, covered, at room temperature.
Makes 24 brownies.
Stir together powdered sugar and cocoa in small bowl. Dissolve instant coffee in water; gradually add to sugar mixture, stirring until well blended. Stir in vanilla.
• To further reduce calories, replace up to half the sugar with an equivalent amount of sucralose sugar substitute, an artifical sweetener. Reduce baking time by 2 to 3 minutes.