Milk Chocolate Hazelnut Brownies Recipe
SKILL LEVEL : IntermediatePREP TIME : 20 Minutes
|3/4 cup||all-purpose flour (175 mL)|
|1/2 cup||HERSHEY'S Cocoa (125 mL)|
|1/2 tsp||baking powder (2 mL)|
|1/4 tsp||salt (1 mL)|
|2/3 cup||butter (150 mL)|
|1 cup||brown sugar (250 mL)|
|1 cup||toasted hazelnuts, coarsely chopped (250 mL)|
|1 2/3 cups||CHIPITS Milk Chocolate Chips, divided (270 g)||Frosting:|
|2 tbsp||35% whipping cream (30 mL)|
|1 1/4 cups||icing sugar (300 mL)|
|6 tbsp||softened butter (90 mL)|
- 1. Preheat oven to 350°F (180°C). Grease an 8-inch (20 cm) square baking pan; line with parchment paper to overhang two sides. Stir flour with cocoa powder, baking powder and salt; set aside. Melt butter in a saucepan over medium-low heat. Stir in sugar and remove from heat. Beat in eggs, one at a time. Stir in flour mixture just until moistened (do not over mix). Fold in hazelnuts and 1 cup (250 mL) chocolate chips. Scrape into prepared pan; smooth top.
2. Bake for 30 to 35 minutes or until top is set and edges pull away from the pan. Cool for 1 hour. Use parchment paper to transfer from pan to a rack; cool completely.
3. Frosting: Place remaining 1/2 cup (125 mL) chocolate chips and whipping cream in a small heat-proof bowl. Heat in the microwave on HIGH for 40 seconds; stir until chocolate is melted and smooth. Beat icing sugar and butter on low until crumbly. Scrape in chocolate mixture; beat on medium-high for 3 minutes or until fluffy. Spread over cooled brownies. Cut into squares.
Makes 16 servings.
• Toast hazelnuts by spreading out on a parchment-lined baking sheet. Bake for 10 minutes or until golden and fragrant. Rub hazelnuts in a clean kitchen towel to remove as much of their papery skins as possible.
• Instead of a knife, use a small, heavy bowl or measuring cup with a flat bottom to push down on hazelnuts to achieve a coarse 'chop'.
• Dip extra toasted hazelnuts in a little melted chocolate and use to garnish brownies.