Milk Chocolate Chip Cheesecake Cupcakes Recipe
Cheesecake gets kicked up a notch with the addition of CHIPITS Milk Chocolate Chips. These smooth cupcakes are special enough for an elegant dinner.
SKILL LEVEL : IntermediatePREP TIME : 30 Minutes
- 8 oz cream cheese, softened (250 g)
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar (75 mL)
- 1 egg (1)
- Pinch salt (Pinch)
- 1 1/2 cups CHIPITS Milk Chocolate Chips, divided (375 mL)
- 3 cups all-purpose flour (750 mL)
- 2 cups granulated sugar (500 mL)
- 2/3 cup HERSHEY’S Cocoa (150 mL)
- 2 tsp baking soda (10 mL)
- 1 tsp salt (5 mL)
- 2 cups water (500 mL)
- 2/3 cup vegetable oil (150 mL)
- 2 tbsp white vinegar (30 mL)
- 2 tsp vanilla extract (10 mL)
- 1/2 cup CHIPITS Milk Chocolate Chips (125 mL)
- 1/2 tsp vegetable shortening (do not use butter, margarine, spread or oil) (2 mL)
- 1. Preheat the oven to 350°F (180°C). Line 24 muffin cups with paper liners.
2. Filling: Beat cream cheese with sugar, egg and salt until smooth. Place 1/2 cup (125 mL) of the chips in a small microwave-safe bowl. Microwave on MEDIUM (50%) for 30 seconds; if needed, continue to microwave for 10 seconds at a time, stirring until chips are melted and smooth. Blend melted chips into cream cheese mixture. Stir in remaining chips and set aside.
3. Batter: Stir flour with sugar, cocoa, baking soda and salt in a mixing bowl until combined. Add water, oil, vinegar and vanilla; beat on medium speed for 2 minutes.
4. Divide batter between prepared muffin cups. Drop a spoonful of cream cheese mixture into the center of each cup. Bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted into the cake portion comes out clean. Transfer cupcakes to a wire rack to cool completely.
5. Drizzle: Place chocolate chips and shortening in a small microwave-safe bowl. Microwave on MEDIUM (50%) for 30 seconds; if needed, continue to microwave for 10 seconds at a time, stirring until chips are melted and smooth. Drizzle over cupcakes. Let stand until set.
Makes 24 cupcakes.
For an even greater burst of chocolate taste, substitute HERSHEY'S CHIPITS Baking Chips with HERSHEY'S CHIPITS Chunks.