Midnight Mousse Recipe
SKILL LEVEL : IntermediatePREP TIME : 17 Minutes
- 2 tbsp sugar (30 mL)
- 1/2 tsp unflavored gelatin (2 mL)
- 1/4 cup milk (50 mL)
- 1/2 cup CHIPITS Dark Chocolate Chips (125 mL)
- 1 tbsp raspberry-flavored liqueur (or 1 tsp/ 5 mL vanilla extract) (15 mL)
- 1/2 cup whipping cream (125 mL)
- Sweetened whipped cream
- Fresh raspberries
- 1. Stir together sugar and gelatin in small saucepan; stir in milk. Let stand 2 minutes to soften gelatin. Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until mixture just begins to boil.
2. Remove from heat. Immediately add chocolate chips; stir until melted. Stir in liqueur; cool to room temperature.
3. Beat whipping cream in small bowl until stiff; gradually add chocolate mixture, folding gently just until blended. Spoon into serving dishes. Refrigerate. Garnish with sweetened whipped cream and raspberries, if desired.
Makes 2 servings.
VARIATION: For high-standing mousse, prepare collars for 2 parfait glasses. Tear strip of foil of sufficient length to go around top of each glass. Fold foil into fourths; butter lightly. Place buttered side in; tape to sides of glasses. Spoon mousse into glasses. (Mousse should come over top of glasses.) After mousse has set, carefully remove foil collar.