Marshmallow Marble-Top Fudge Recipe
SKILL LEVEL : BeginnerPREP TIME : 15 Minutes
|3 cups||CHIPITS Dark Chocolate Chips or CHIPITS Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips (750 mL)|
|1/4 cup||butter or margarine, divided (50 mL)|
|1 can||sweetened condensed milk (do not use evaporated milk) (398 mL)|
|1 1/2 tsp||vanilla extract (7 mL)|
|1/2 cup||chopped nuts (approx.) (125 mL)|
|2 cups||miniature marshmallows (500 mL)|
- 1. Line an 8-inch (2 L) square baking pan with foil.
2. Melt chocolate chips and 2 tbsp (30 mL) butter with milk, vanilla and salt in a heavy saucepan set over low heat. Remove from heat; stir in nuts, adding up to 1/2 cup (125 mL) more nuts, if desired. Spread in prepared pan.
3. Melt marshmallows with remaining butter in a medium saucepan set over low heat. Spoon onto warm fudge. With a table knife or metal spatula, swirl through fudge.
4. Chill for 2 hours or until firm. Remove fudge from pan; peel off foil. Cut into squares. Store at room temperature.
Makes about 3 dozen pieces or 2 lb (1 kg) candy.
• For best results, do not double this recipe.