Macadamia Nut Fudge Recipe
SKILL LEVEL : IntermediatePREP TIME : 5 Minutes
- 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar (375 mL)
- 1 jar (7 oz) marshmallow creme (210 g)
- 2/3 cup evaporated milk (150 mL)
- 1/4 cup butter or margarine (50 mL)
- 2 cups CHIPITS Dark Chocolate Chips (500 mL)
- 1 cup chopped macadamia nuts (250 mL)
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract (2 mL)
- 1. Line an 8-inch (2 L) or 9-inch (2.5 L) square pan with foil, extending foil over edges of pan.
2. Combine sugar, marshmallow crème, evaporated milk and butter in heavy medium saucepan. Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, to a full boil. Boil, stirring constantly for 5 minutes.
3. Remove from heat; add chocolate chips. Stir just until chips are melted. Stir in nuts and vanilla; pour into prepared pan.
4. Refrigerate for 1 hour or until firm. Lift fudge out of pan using foil; place on cutting board. Cut into squares. Store tightly covered in a cool, dry place.
Makes about 2 lb (1 kg) fudge.