Layered Cookie Bars Recipe
SKILL LEVEL : Beginner
- 3/4 cup butter or margarine (175 mL)
- 1 3/4 cups vanilla wafer crumbs (425 mL)
- 6 tbsp HERSHEY'S Cocoa (90 mL)
- 1/4 cup sugar (50 mL)
- 1 can sweetened condensed milk (not evaporated milk) (300 mL)
- 1 cup CHIPITS Dark Chocolate Chips or CHIPITS Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips (250 mL)
- 3/4 cup CHIPITS SKOR Toffee Bits (175 mL)
- 1 cup walnuts (chopped) (250 mL)
- 1. Heat oven to 350°F (180°C). Melt butter in 13x9x2-inch (33 x 23 x 5 cm) baking pan in oven. Combine crumbs, cocoa and sugar; sprinkle over butter.
2. Pour sweetened condensed milk evenly on top of crumb mixture. Top with chocolate chips and toffee bits, then nuts; press down firmly.
3. Bake 25 to 30 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool completely in pan on wire rack. Chill, if desired. Cut into bars. Store covered at room temperature.
Makes about 36 bars.
For an even greater burst of chocolate taste, substitute HERSHEY'S CHIPITS Baking Chips with HERSHEY'S CHIPITS Chunks.