KISSES Chocolate Mousse Recipe
SKILL LEVEL : IntermediatePREP TIME : 15 Minutes
- 1 1/2 cups miniature marshmallows or 15 regular marshmallows (375 mL)
- 1/3 cup milk (75 mL)
- 2 tsp kirsch (cherry brandy) or 1/4 tsp (1 mL) almond extract (10 mL)
- 6 - 8 drops drops red food colouring (optional) (6-8)
- 36 HERSHEY'S KISSES Brand Milk Chocolates, unwrapped (approx.)
- 1 cup 35% whipping cream (250 mL)
- 1. Combine marshmallows and milk in small saucepan set over low heat; cook, stirring constantly, until marshmallows are melted and mixture is smooth. Remove from heat.
2. Measure 1/3 cup (75 mL) marshmallow mixture into a medium bowl; stir in brandy and food colouring (if using). Set aside. To remaining marshmallow mixture, add the chocolate. Return to low heat; cook, stirring constantly until chocolate is melted. Remove from the heat; cool to room temperature.
3. Beat whipping cream in small bowl until stiff. Fold 1 cup (250 mL) whipped cream into the chocolate mixture. Gradually fold remaining whipped cream into reserved mixture. Fill 4 parfait glasses about three-quarters full with chocolate mixture; spoon or pipe remaining mixture on top. Chill for 3 to 4 hours or until set. Garnish with additional chocolates (if desired).
Makes 4 servings.