KISSES Chocolate Chip Cookies Recipe
SKILL LEVEL : IntermediatePREP TIME : 20 Minutes
- 1 cup softened butter or margarine (250 mL)
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar (75 mL)
- 1/3 cup packed light brown sugar (75 mL)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract (5 mL)
- 2 cups all-purpose flour (500 mL)
- 1 1/4 cups CHIPITS Semi-Sweet Mini Chocolate Chips, divided (300 mL)
- 48 HERSHEY'S KISSES Brand Milk Chocolates or HERSHEY'S KISSES Brand Milk Chocolates with Almonds, unwrapped (48)
- 1 tsp vegetable shortening (5 mL)
- 1. Preheat the oven to 375°F (190°C).
2. Beat the butter with the granulated sugar, brown sugar and vanilla in large bowl until well-blended. Add flour to butter mixture; blend until smooth. Stir in 1 cup (250 mL) mini chocolate chips. Mold scant tablespoons of dough around each chocolate piece, covering completely. Shape into balls; place on ungreased baking sheets.
3. Bake for 10 to 12 minutes or until set. Cool slightly; remove to a wire rack to cool completely.
4. Place remaining chocolate chips and shortening in small microwave-safe bowl. Microwave on MEDIUM (50%) for 30 seconds; stir. If necessary, microwave an additional 10 seconds at a time, stirring after each heating, until chocolate is melted and mixture is smooth. Drizzle over each cookie.
Makes about 4 dozen cookies.