KISSES Caramel Cheesecake Recipe
SKILL LEVEL : IntermediatePREP TIME : 20 Minutes
- COOKIE CRUMB CRUST:
- 1 1/2 cups vanilla wafer cookie crumbs
(about 45 cookies) (375 mL)
- 1 tbsp granulated sugar (15 mL)
- 1/4 cup melted butter or margarine (50 mL)
- 72 HERSHEY'S KISSES Brand Milk Chocolates filled with Caramel, unwrapped and divided (72)
- 2 1/2 tsp milk (12 mL)
- 3 pkgs (8 oz each) plain, brick-style cream cheese (750 g )
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar (175 mL)
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract (2 mL)
- 3 eggs (3)
- 1 tsp water (5 mL)
- Whipped topping
- 1. Cookie Crumb Crust: Preheat the oven to 350°F (180°C). Stir together cookie crumbs and sugar in medium bowl; blend in melted butter. Press mixture onto bottom and 1/2-inch (1 cm) up side of 9-inch (2.5 L) springform pan. Bake for 8 minutes; cool.
2. Cheesecake: Place 56 chocolates and milk in microwave-safe bowl. Microwave on MEDIUM (50%) for 30 seconds; stir. If necessary, microwave an additional 15 seconds at a time, stirring after each heating, until chocolates are melted and smooth. Gently pour and spread onto the bottom of the prepared crust.
3. Beat cream cheese, sugar and vanilla in large bowl until smooth. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Gently spoon over caramel mixture.
4. Bake for 45 to 50 minutes or until almost set. Remove to a wire rack. Run a knife around the edge of the pan to loosen cake from sides of the pan. Cool completely; remove the springform ring.
5. Place 4 caramel filled chocolates and water in small microwave-safe bowl. Microwave on MEDIUM (50%) for 30 seconds or until chocolates are melted and smooth. Drizzle over surface of cheesecake. Cover; refrigerate until completely chilled. Garnish with whipped topping and remaining chocolates.
Makes 10 to 12 servings.
• Reserve leftover cheesecake, tightly covered, in the refrigerator.