KISSES Candy Cane Swirl Cheesecake Recipe
SKILL LEVEL : IntermediatePREP TIME : 20 Minutes
- COOKIE CRUMB CRUST:
- 1 1/2 cups vanilla wafer cookie crumbs
(about 45 cookies) (375 mL)
- 1 tbsp granulated sugar (15 mL)
- 1/4 cup melted butter or margarine (50 mL)
- 3 pkgs (8 oz each) plain, brick-style cream cheese (750 g)
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar (175 mL)
- 1 1/2 tsp vanilla extract (7 mL)
- 3 eggs (3)
- 42 HERSHEY'S KISSES Brand Candy Cane Mint Candies, unwrapped and divided (42)
- 1 tbsp milk (15 mL)
- Sweetened whipped cream
- 1. Cookie Crumb Crust: Preheat the oven to 350°F (180°C). Stir cookie crumbs with sugar in medium bowl; blend in melted butter. Press mixture onto bottom and 1/2-inch (1 cm) up side of 9-inch (2.5 L) springform pan. Bake for 8 minutes; cool.
2. Cheesecake: Beat cream cheese, sugar and vanilla in large bowl until smooth. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Set aside 1/4 cup (50 mL) batter; spread remaining batter over prepared crust.
3. Place 30 candies and milk in medium microwave-safe bowl. Microwave on MEDIUM (50%) for 1 minute; stir. If necessary, microwave an additional 15 seconds at a time, stirring after each heating, until candies are melted and mixture is well blended. Gradually blend reserved cheesecake batter into candy mixture. Drop spoonfuls of the candy mixture onto vanilla batter. Gently swirl with knife for marbled effect.
4. Bake for 45 to 50 minutes or until center is almost set. Remove to a wire rack. Run a knife around the edge of the pan to loosen cake from sides of the pan. Cool completely; remove springform ring. Cover; refrigerate until completely chilled. Garnish with whipped cream and remaining candies.
Makes 10 to 12 servings.
• Reserve leftovers, tightly covered, in the refrigerator.