1. Preheat oven to 350°F (180°C). Line baking sheet with parchment paper.
2. Melt butter and allow to cool slightly.
3. Place melted butter in mixing bowl and cream together with white sugar and brown sugar until combined. Add egg and vanilla; mix for 10-15 seconds. Do not overmix.
4. Incorporate flour, baking soda and salt until just combined. Fold in chocolate chips. Ensure no large streaks of flour remain.
5. Scoop batter onto baking trays with an ice cream scoop.
6. Bake for 12 minutes, rotating the pan after the first six minutes.
7. Let cool on pan for 20 minutes.
Makes 9-12 large cookies.
1. Chill your batter overnight for a more developed flavour profile.
2. Incorporate additional nuts, chocolate chips or candy, as desired.
Top 5 HERSHEY'S CHIPITS Cookie Recipes
There's nothing better than a warm cookie fresh from the oven. Can you guess our most popular cookie recipe?