Jolly Peanut Butter Gingerbread Cookies Recipe
SKILL LEVEL : Intermediate
- 1 3/4 cups CHIPITS REESE Peanut Butter Chips (300 g)
- 3/4 cup butter or margarine, softened (175 mL)
- 1 cup packed light brown sugar (250 mL)
- 1 cup dark corn syrup (250 mL)
- 2 eggs (2)
- 5 cups all-purpose flour (1.25 L)
- 1 tsp baking soda (5 mL)
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon (2 mL)
- 1/4 tsp ground ginger (1 mL)
- 1/4 tsp salt (1 mL)
- 1. In medium microwave-safe bowl, place peanut butter chips. Microwave on HIGH (100%) 1 to 2 minutes or until chips are melted when stirred.
2. In large bowl, beat melted peanut butter chips and butter until well blended. Add brown sugar, corn syrup and eggs; beat until fluffy.
3. In medium bowl, mix flour, baking soda, cinnamon, ginger and salt. Add half of flour mixture to butter mixture; beat on low speed of mixer until smooth. With wooden spoon, stir in remaining flour mixture until well blended. Divide into thirds; wrap each in plastic wrap. Refrigerate until dough is firm enough to roll, at least 1 hour.
4. Heat oven to 325°F (160°C). On lightly floured surface, roll 1 dough portion at a time to 1/8-inch (3 mm) thickness. With floured cookie cutters, cut into holiday shapes. Place on ungreased cookie sheet.
5. Bake 10 to 12 minutes or until set and lightly browned. Cool slightly; remove from cookie sheet to wire rack. Let cool completely. Frost and decorate as desired.
Makes about 6 dozen cookies.