Jolly Beans Bark Recipe
SKILL LEVEL : BeginnerPREP TIME : 10 Minutes
- 1 2/3 cups CHIPITS Milk Chocolate Chips (270 g)
- 1 1/3 cups CHIPITS White Chocolate Chips (225 g)
- 2 tsp vegetable shortening (10 mL)
- 1 cup JOLLY RANCHER Jolly Beans Candy (250 mL)
- 1. Line a 9 x 13-inch (3 L) baking pan with waxed paper. Place milk chocolate chips and half the shortening in a microwave-safe bowl. Microwave on MEDIUM (50%) for 90 seconds; stir. If necessary, microwave an additional 15 seconds at a time, stirring after each heating, until chocolate is melted and smooth.
2. Working quickly, melt the white chocolate chips with the remaining shortening in a second microwave-safe bowl, using the same method as above.
3. Alternately spoon melted chip mixtures onto prepared pan. Swirl with knife for a marbled effect. Sprinkle evenly with Jolly Beans Candy. Gently tap the pan against the counter to sink the Jolly Beans Candy into the chocolate. Chill for 30 minutes or until firm. Break into pieces. Store, in an airtight container at room temperature, for up to 1 week. Makes about 1 1/2 lb (750 g) candy.
• This recipe doubles or triples easily and is a terrific last-minute hostess gift or party treat.