It's the Berries Chocolate Tart Recipe
SKILL LEVEL : Intermediate
|3/4 cup||butter or margarine, softened (175 mL)|
|1/2 cup||icing sugar (125 mL)|
|1 1/2 cups||all-purpose flour (375 mL)|
|1/2 cup||milk (125 mL)|
|2||egg yolks, beaten (2)|
|1/4 cup||granulated sugar (50 mL)|
|1/4 tsp||salt (1 mL)|
|1 2/3 cups||CHIPITS Milk Chocolate Chips (270 g)|
|2 cups||fresh strawberries, rinsed and hulled (500 mL)|
- 1. Heat oven to 350°F (180°C).
2. In medium bowl, beat butter and icing sugar until smooth; blend in flour. Press onto bottom and up sides of 9-1/2 or 11-inch (24 or 28-cm) round tart pan with removable bottom. Bake 20 to 25 minutes or until lightly browned; cool completely.
3. In medium microwave-safe bowl, microwave milk on HIGH (100%) 1 to 1-1/2 minutes until hot, but not boiling. With wire whisk, whisk together egg yolks, granulated sugar and salt until blended. Whisk slowly into milk. Microwave on HIGH 30 seconds at a time, stirring after each heating, until hot, smooth and slightly thickened.
4. Stir in milk chocolate chips until melted and mixture is smooth. Pour into prepared crust. Place plastic wrap directly onto surface; refrigerate until firm.
5. Just before serving, remove plastic wrap from filling. Slice strawberries 1/4-inch (5 mm) thick; arrange over top of tart. Serve cold; refrigerate leftover tart.
Makes 10 to 12 servings.