Irresistible Peanut Butter Chip Brownies Recipe
SKILL LEVEL : Beginner
- 1 cup butter or margarine, softened (250 mL)
- 1 pkg (8 oz) cream cheese, softened (250 g)
- 2 cups granulated sugar (500 mL)
- 3 eggs (3)
- 1 tsp vanilla (5 mL)
- 1 cup all-purpose flour (250 mL)
- 3/4 cup HERSHEY'S Cocoa (175 mL)
- 1/2 tsp salt (2 mL)
- 1/4 tsp baking powder (1 mL)
- 1 3/4 cups CHIPITS REESE Peanut Butter Chips (300 g)
- BROWNIE FROSTING (recipe follows)
- 1. Heat oven to 325°F (160°C). Grease bottom only of 13 x 9-inch (33 x 23 cm) baking pan.
2. In large bowl, beat butter, cream cheese and sugar until fluffy. Beat in eggs and vanilla until creamy.
3. In medium bowl, mix flour, cocoa, salt and baking powder; gradually add to butter mixture, beating well. Stir in peanut butter chips. Spread batter in pan.
4. Bake 35 to 40 minutes or until brownies begin to pull away from sides of pan. Cool completely. Frost with BROWNIE FROSTING, if desired. Cut into bars.
Makes about 36 brownies
BROWNIE FROSTING: Beat 3 tbsp (45 mL) softened butter or margarine and 3 tbsp (45 mL) HERSHEY'S Cocoa until blended. Gradually add 1-1/3 cups (325 mL) icing sugar and 3/4 tsp (4 mL) vanilla alternately with 1 to 2 tbsp (15 to 30 mL) milk, beating to spreading consistency. Makes about 1 cup (250 mL).