Irish Chocolate Mint Dessert Recipe
SKILL LEVEL : Intermediate
- 1 1/2 cups butter or margarine, divided (375 mL)
- 2 cups granulated sugar (500 mL)
- 2 tsp vanilla (10 mL)
- 4 eggs (4)
- 3/4 cup HERSHEY'S Cocoa (175 mL)
- 1 cup all-purpose flour (250 mL)
- 1/2 tsp baking powder (2 mL)
- 2 2/3 cups icing sugar (650 mL)
- 1 tbsp water plus 1 tsp (20 mL)
- 1 tsp mint extract (5 mL)
- 3 to 4 drops green food colouring
- CHOCOLATE GLAZE (recipe follows)
- 1. Heat oven to 350°F (180°C). Grease 13 x 9-inch (33 x 23 cm) baking pan.
2. In large microwave-safe bowl, place 1 cup (250 mL) of the butter. Microwave on HIGH 2 minutes or until melted. Stir in granulated sugar and vanilla. Add eggs; beat well. Add cocoa, flour and baking powder; beat until well blended. Pour batter into prepared pan.
3. Bake 30 to 35 minutes or until wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. Let cool completely on wire rack.
4. Prepare Mint Cream: Combine icing sugar, remaining 1/2 cup (125 mL) butter, water, mint extract and green food colouring. Beat until smooth. Spread evenly on brownies. Cover; refrigerate until cold. Pour CHOCOLATE GLAZE over chilled brownies. Cover; refrigerate at least 1 hour before serving.
Makes 24 servings.
In small microwave-safe bowl, place 6 tablespoons (90 mL) butter and 1 cup (250 mL) CHIPITS Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips. Microwave on HIGH (100%) 1 minute or until mixture is smooth when stirred. Let cool slightly.