Individual Toffee Pumpkin Pie with Acorn KISSES Chocolate Recipe
SKILL LEVEL : BeginnerPREP TIME : 30 Minutes
|24||frozen tart shells or single serve graham crusts (3-inch/7.5 cm in diameter) (24)|
|1/2 cup||CHIPITS SKOR Toffee Bits, divided (approx.) (125 mL)|
|1/3 cup||granulated sugar (75 mL)|
|1/4 tsp||each salt and ground cinnamon (1 mL)|
|1/8 tsp||each ground cloves and ginger (0.5 mL)|
|1 cup||canned pure pumpkin purée (250 mL)|
|3/4 cup||10% (half and half) cream (175 mL)|
|1||eggs (1)||Sweetened whipped cream||Acorn KISSES Treats (directions follow)|
- 1. Preheat the oven to 350°F (180°C). Thaw tart shells according to package directions and arrange on a baking sheet. Dock the shells with a fork. Bake for 12 minutes. Remove from the oven and cool slightly.
2. Spoon 1 tsp (5 mL) toffee bits into the bottom of each shell; set aside.
3. Stir the sugar with the salt, cinnamon, cloves and ginger in a large bowl. Add the pumpkin, cream and egg, stirring until well-blended. Carefully divide the pumpkin mixture equally between the prepared shells.
4. Bake for 18 to 20 minutes or until just slightly jiggly in the center. Cool completely on a wire rack. Chill until ready to serve.
5. Garnish each pie with sweetened whipped cream, an "acorn" and additional toffee bits.
KISSES Acorn Treats:
Prepared royal icing or decorator's frosting
HERSHEY'S KISSES Brand Milk Chocolates
Mini vanilla wafer cookies
CHIPITS REESE Peanut Butter Chips or CHIPITS Butterscotch Chips
Place royal icing in a pastry bag with a small tip (or use a ziptop bag and cut off one small corner). Arrange mini vanilla wafer cookies, flat-side-up, on a tray. Squeeze a small amount of icing onto the bottom of each milk chocolate piece and immediately press onto the bottom of a wafer cookie. Allow the icing to set. Add a small dab of icing onto the bottom of the Peanut Butter Chip, immediately attach to the top of the cookie to finish the acorn.