Icebox Chocolate Toffee Cookie Bars Recipe
SKILL LEVEL : Beginner
|2 cups||all-purpose flour (500 mL)|
|1 1/2 tsp||baking powder (7 mL )|
|1/2 tsp||salt (2 mL)|
|1 cup||softened butter (250 mL)|
|3/4 cup||granulated sugar (175 mL)|
|1 tsp||vanilla (5 mL)|
|1 1/2 cups||CHIPITS Dark Chocolate Chips (250 g)|
|1/2 cup||CHIPITS SKOR Toffee Bits (125 mL)|
|1/2 cup||toasted silvered almonds (125 mL)|
- 1. Stir flour with baking powder and salt.
2. Beat butter with sugar in a separate bowl until fluffy and light. Beat in eggs and vanilla.
3. Stir in flour mixture until just combined. Stir in half the chocolate chips, the toffee bits and almonds until evenly combined.
4. Quarter dough and place on large sheets of plastic wrap. Use wrap to shape dough into flat, rectangular logs about 1-inch (2.5 cm) deep by 2-inch (5 cm) wide. Chill for 1 hour or for up to 1 week. (Alternately, double wrap and freeze dough for up to 1 month.)
5. Preheat oven to 350°F (180°C). Slice logs into 1/4-inch (5 mm) thick bars. Bake, on parchment-lined baking sheets, for 10 to 12 minutes or until golden on bottom. Cool on a rack.
6. Garnish: Melt remaining chocolate chips. Dip a corner of each cookie into chocolate. Chill until chocolate is set.
Store in an airtight container in a cool, dry place for up to 2 days.
• For a sophisticated garnish, sprinkle the chocolate dipped corner with flaked sea salt or additional toasted almonds.
• To melt chocolate chips, heat in the microwave on MEDIUM (50%) for 1 to 2 minutes; stir until smooth.