Hot Cocoa For A Crowd Recipe
SKILL LEVEL : BeginnerPREP TIME : 5 Minutes
- 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar (375 mL)
- 1 1/4 cups HERSHEY'S Cocoa (300 mL)
- 1/2 tsp salt (1 mL)
- 3/4 cup hot water (175 mL)
- 15 cups milk (3.75 L)
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract (15 mL)
- 1. Stir sugar with cocoa and salt in a 6-quart (6 L) saucepan; gradually stir in hot water and set over medium heat. Cook, stirring constantly, until mixture comes to a boil. Cook, stirring, for 2 minutes.
2. Add milk. Cook, stirring often, until steaming and heated through (do not boil). Remove from the heat and stir in vanilla. Serve hot.
Makes about 16 cups (4 L).