Holiday Ornament Cupcakes
SKILL LEVEL : IntermediatePREP TIME : 30 Minutes
|2 cups||all-purpose flour (500 mL)|
|1 cup||granulated sugar (250 mL)|
|2 tsp||baking powder (10 mL)|
|1/2 tsp||salt (2 mL)|
|1/2 cup||butter, softened (125 mL)|
|1/2 cup||milk (125 mL)|
|2 tsp||vanilla extract (10 mL)|
|1 pkg||CHIPITS® Vanilla Flavoured Holiday Chips, divided (200 g)|
|1 1/2 cups||prepared vanilla frosting (approx.) (375 mL)|
|12||REESE® Minis PEANUT BUTTER CUPS® candies TWIZZLERS®* PULL-N-PEEL®* Cherry Flavoured Candy (12)||Prepared coloured gel icings|
- 1. Preheat the oven to 350°F (180°C). Line a 12-cup muffin pan with paper liners; set aside.
2. Stir the flour with the sugar, baking powder and salt in a large bowl. Add the butter, milk, eggs and vanilla; beat on low speed for 20 seconds. Increase the speed to medium-high and beat for 1 minute or until very pale and fluffy. Stir in 1/2 cup (125 mL) vanilla chips.
3. Divide the batter evenly between the prepared muffin cups. Bake for 22 to 24 minutes or until a tester comes out clean when inserted into the centre of a cupcake. Cool completely.
4. Frost the cupcakes and garnish with gel icings and remaining holiday chips to resemble classic ornaments. Poke two small holes in the base of each PEANUT BUTTER CUPS® candy and insert small lengths of licorice whips to create ‘hooks’; place at the top of each cupcake.
Makes 12 cupcakes.
• Bake cupcakes and assemble toppings ahead of time for a fun, edible kid’s craft activity at holiday parties.