HERSHEY’S Spiders Web Caramel Apples Recipe
- 20 HERSHEY'S KISSES Brand Milk Chocolates (20)
- 1 tsp shortening (5 mL)
- 1 bag caramel candies (405 g)
- 6 wooden ice cream sticks (6)
- 6 medium-size apples (6)
- 1 tbsp water (15 mL)
- 1. Line tray with wax paper; generously butter or spray wax paper with nonstick cooking spray. Insert wooden stick into stem end of each thoroughly dried apple.
2. Place caramels and water in medium microwave-safe bowl. Microwave at HIGH (100%) 1 minute; stir. If necessary, microwave an additional 30 seconds at a time, stirring after each heating, until caramels are melted and mixture is smooth.
3. Dip apples into warm mixture, turn until coated. Scrape off excess coating; place on prepared tray. If necessary, warm coating by microwaving an additional 15 seconds at a time. Refrigerate until firm (about 30 minutes).
4. Place chocolates and shortening in microwave-safe measuring cup. Microwave at MEDIUM (50%) 1 minute; stir. If necessary, microwave an additional 15 seconds at a time, stirring after each heating, until chocolates are melted and mixture is smooth when stirred.
5. Drizzle melted chocolate over caramel-coated apples. Refrigerate until serving time.
Makes 6 servings.