HERSHEY'S S'MORES Sandwich Bar Cookies Recipe
SKILL LEVEL : Beginner
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine, softened (1 stick) (125 mL)
- 3/4 cup sugar (175 mL)
- 1 egg (1)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract (5 mL)
- 1 1/3 cups all-purpose flour (325 mL)
- 3/4 cup graham cracker crumbs (175 mL)
- 1 tsp baking powder (5 mL)
- 1/4 tsp salt (1 mL)
- 5 HERSHEY'S Milk Chocolate Bars, unwrapped (45 g each)
- 3 cups miniature marshmallows (750 mL)
- 1. Heat oven to 350°F (180°C). Grease 8-inch (20 cm) square baking pan.
2. Beat butter and sugar until well blended in large bowl. Add egg and vanilla; beat well. Stir together flour, graham cracker crumbs, baking powder and salt; add to butter mixture, beating until blended. Press half of dough into prepared pan. Bake 15 minutes.
3. Break chocolate bars into pieces; sprinkle over baked layer. Top with marshmallows; scatter bits of remaining dough over marshmallows, forming top layer. Bake 10 to 15 minutes or just until lightly browned. Cool completely in pan on wire rack. Cut into bars.
Makes 16 bars.