HERSHEY’S KISSES Macaroon Cookies Recipe
SKILL LEVEL : IntermediatePREP TIME : 25 Minutes
- 1/3 cup butter or margarine, softened (75 mL)
- 3 oz cream cheese, softened (90 mL)
- 3/4 cup sugar (175 mL)
- 1 egg yolk (1)
- 2 tsp almond extract (10 mL)
- 2 tsp orange juice (10 mL)
- 1 1/4 cup all-purpose flour (300 mL)
- 2 tsp baking powder (10 mL)
- 1/4 tsp salt (1 mL)
- 5 cups sweetened coconut flakes, divided (1.25 L)
- 48 HERSHEY'S KISSES Brand Milk Chocolates
- 1. Beat butter, cream cheese and sugar in large bowl until well blended. Add egg yolk, almond extract and orange juice; beat well. Stir together flour, baking powder and salt; gradually add to butter mixture, beating until well blended. Stir in 3 cups (750 mL) coconut.
2. Cover; refrigerate 1 hour or until firm enough to handle. Remove wrappers from chocolates. Heat oven to 350°F (180°C). Shape dough into 1-inch (2.5 cm) balls; roll balls in remaining 2 cups (500 mL) coconut. Place on ungreased cookie sheet.
3. Bake 10 to 12 minutes or until lightly browned. Remove from oven; immediately press chocolate into center of each cookie. Cool 1 minute; carefully remove from cookie sheet to wire rack. Cool completely.
Makes about 4 dozen cookies.