HERSHEY’S HUGS Sugar and Spice Blossoms Recipe
SKILL LEVEL : IntermediatePREP TIME : 25 Minutes
- 48 HERSHEY'S HUGS Brand Milk Chocolates (48)
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter or margarine, softened (125 mL)
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar (125 mL)
- 1/2 cup packed light brown sugar (125 mL)
- 1 egg (1)
- 1 1/2 tsp vanilla extract (7 mL)
- 2 cups all-purpose flour (500 mL)
- 1/2 tsp baking soda (2 mL)
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon (2 mL)
- 1/4 tsp ground cloves (1 mL)
- 1/4 tsp ground ginger (1 mL)
- 1/4 tsp salt (1 mL)
- 1 tbsp milk (15 mL)
- 1 1/3 cups CHIPITS SKOR Toffee Bits (325 mL)
- 1. Heat oven to 350°F (180°C). Line cookie sheets with parchment paper or lightly grease. Remove wrappers from candies.
2. Beat butter, granulated sugar, brown sugar, egg and vanilla in large bowl until well blended. Stir together flour, baking soda, cinnamon, cloves, ginger and salt; add alternately with milk to butter mixture, beating until well blended. Stir in toffee bits. Shape dough into generous 1-inch (2.5 cm) balls. Roll in granulated sugar; place on prepared cookie sheet.
3. Bake 8 to 10 minutes or until edges are lightly browned and cookie is set. Remove from oven. Cool 1 minute; press candy piece into center of each cookie. Remove from cookie sheet to wire rack; cool completely.
Makes about 48 cookies.