HERSHEY'S GOLD Rush Cookies
Sweet meets salty and creamy meets crunchy is these decadent cookies featuring HERSHEY’S CHIPITS Dark Chocolate Chips and HERSHEY’S GOLD Peanuts & Pretzels Bar! They’re a winning combination!
SKILL LEVEL : BeginnerPREP TIME : 10 Minutes
- 1/2 cup butter, softened (125 mL)
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar (125 mL)
- 1/2 cup brown sugar (125 mL)
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp vanilla extract (5 mL)
- 1 cup all purpose flour (250 mL)
- 2/3 cup HERSHEY’S Cocoa (150 mL)
- 1 tsp baking soda (5 mL)
- 1/2 tsp salt (2 mL)
- 1 tbsp heavy cream (15 mL)
- 1 1/2 cups HERSHEY’S CHIPITS Dark Chocolate Chips (250 g)
- 2 HERSHEY’S GOLD Bars, broken into pieces (39 g each)
- 12 individually wrapped caramels, optional
- Flaked sea salt
- Pre-heat oven to 350°F (180°C). Line two baking sheets with parchment paper.
Using a hand mixer, beat together butter and sugars until light and fluffy, about 3 minutes. Beat in egg and vanilla.
In a separate bowl, sift together flour, cocoa powder, baking soda and salt.
Slowly add the dry ingredients to the butter mixture. Mix until combined (batter will be very dense). Add heavy cream and dark chocolate chips and continue to mix for 30 seconds.
Wrap dough in plastic wrap and chill in the fridge for at least an hour.
Let the dough sit out of the fridge for about 10 minutes before working with it.
Take 2 tablespoons (30 mL) of the dough and roll them into separate balls. Flatten them on a cutting board. Place two pieces of HERSHEY’S GOLD Candy on a piece of dough, and, if using, one caramel on the other. Sandwich the two together and make sure to seal the edges.
Place on prepared baking sheets and bake for 20-22 minutes.
Remove from the oven and let cool on baking sheets for 5 minutes, then transfer to a wire rack and let cool for an additional 5 minutes.
Makes 20 cookies.