HERSHEY Bar Cookies Recipe
SKILL LEVEL : Intermediate
- 12 HERSHEY'S Milk Chocolate Bars, divided (45 g each)
- 1 cup butter or margarine, softened (2 sticks) (250 mL)
- 1 1/2 cups sugar (375 mL)
- 2 eggs (2)
- 2 tsp vanilla extract (10 mL)
- 2 cups all-purpose flour (500 mL)
- 2/3 cup HERSHEY'S Cocoa (150 mL)
- 3/4 tsp baking soda (4 mL)
- 1/4 tsp salt (1 mL)
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts (optional) (125 mL)
- 1. Heat oven 350°F (180°C). Remove wrappers from chocolate bars. Set aside 2 milk chocolate bars.
2. Coarsely chop 4 milk chocolate bars; set aside. Break remaining 6 milk chocolate bars into sections. Break each section in half; set aside.
3. Beat butter and sugar until fluffy. Add eggs and vanilla; mix well. Stir together flour, cocoa, baking soda and salt. Gradually add to butter mixture, beating until well blended. Stir in chopped chocolate and walnuts, if desired.
4. Drop 1/4 cup (50 mL) measurements of dough about 4 inches (10 cm) apart onto ungreased cookie sheet. Bake 10 to 12 minutes or just until set. Cool 4 to 5 minutes; lightly press 6 to 8 broken chocolate bar pieces into top of each cookie. Remove from cookie sheet to wire rack. Cool completely.
5. Coarsely chop reserved milk chocolate bars and place into small microwave-safe bowl. Microwave at MEDIUM (50%) 30 seconds, stir. If necessary, microwave in 10 second increments, stirring after each heating, until chocolate is melted and smooth. Drizzle over each cookie.
Makes about 18 cookies.
NOTE: Cookies may be made with any combination of HERSHEY'S Milk Chocolate Bars or HERSHEY'S COOKIES 'N' CREME Bars to add up to 12 (45 g each) bars.