Halloween Cookies on a Stick Recipe
SKILL LEVEL : Beginner
- 1 cup butter or margarine, softened (250 mL)
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar (175 mL)
- 3/4 cup light brown sugar (175 mL)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract (5 mL)
- 2 eggs (2)
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour (625 mL)
- 1/3 cup HERSHEY'S Cocoa (75 mL)
- 1 tsp baking soda (5 mL)
- 1/2 tsp salt (2 mL)
- 18 wooden popsicle sticks (18)
- decorating icing
- 1. Heat oven to 350°F (180°C). Beat butter, granulated sugar, brown sugar and vanilla in a large bowl on medium speed of mixer until creamy. Add eggs; beat well. Stir together flour, cocoa, baking soda and salt; gradually add to butter mixture, beating until well blended.
2. Drop dough by scant 1/4 cupfuls (50 mL) onto ungreased cookie sheet, about 3 inches (7.5 cm) apart. Shape into balls. Insert wooden stick about halfway into center of each. Flatten slightly.
3. Bake 10 to 12 minutes or until set. Cool 3 minutes; carefully remove from cookie sheet to wire rack. Cool completely.
4. Decorate as desired with decorating icing.
Makes about eighteen 3 1/2 inch (8 cm) cookies.