Grilled Chocolate, Hazelnut and Ricotta Calzones Recipe
SKILL LEVEL : BeginnerPREP TIME : 20 Minutes
- 2 lbs. prepared pizza dough (I kg)
- 1 1/2 cups HERSHEY'S CHIPITS INSPIRATIONS Creamy Milk Chocolate Chunks (375 mL)
- 3/4 cup light ricotta cheese (175 mL)
- 1/4 cup chopped toasted hazelnuts (50 mL / 1/2 bâtonnet)
- 1. Divide dough into 12 pieces. On lightly floured surface, roll each piece into 5-inch (13 cm) round.
2. In centre of each round, place 2 tbsp (30 mL) chocolate chunks, 1 tbsp (15 mL) ricotta cheese and 1 tsp (5 mL) chopped toasted hazelnuts. Fold dough over to create half-moon shape and pinch edges to seal.
3. Preheat grill to medium-high; grease grates well. Cook calzones for 2 to 3 minutes or until well-marked and set on bottom. Carefully flip over. Reduce heat to medium-low; grill, covered, for 5 to 7 minutes or until dough is cooked through. Transfer to rack and let cool for 10 minutes before serving.
Tip: Calzones can be made ahead; cooled and frozen for up to two weeks, then thawed before grilling.