Gold Rush Stuffed Cookies
Cookies dusted with gold flakes and HERSHEY’S CHIPITS Sea Salt Caramel Chips, stuffed with HERSHEY’S GOLD Bar and peanut butter.
SKILL LEVEL : BeginnerPREP TIME : 10 Minutes
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened (125 mL)
- 3/4 cup brown sugar (175 mL)
- 1/2 tsp baking soda (2 mL)
- 1/2 tsp salt (2 mL)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract (5 mL)
- 1/2 cup HERSHEY’S Cocoa (125 mL)
- 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour (550 mL)
- 1 cup HERSHEY’S CHIPITS Sea Salt Caramel Chips (250 mL)
- 21 pieces HERSHEY’S GOLD Bar (inside cookie)
- 3.5 tsp smooth peanut butter (inside cookie) (2 mL)
- 14 pieces HERSHEY’S GOLD Bar (top of cookie)
- Large size pretzel (top of cookie)
- Flake of edible gold leaf (top of cookie)
- 1. Preheat oven to 350°F (180°C). Line one to two baking sheets with parchment paper.
2. Mix softened butter, sugar, baking soda, and salt. Add vanilla, flour and HERSHEY’S CHIPITS baking chips. Knead with hands until even consistency.
3. Take 2 tablespoons (30 mL) dough and roll into two balls. Flatten on a cutting board. Place two pieces of HERSHEY’S GOLD Bar on one piece of dough. Top with the other piece of dough to create a sandwich and seal the edges. Press pretzel and flake of edible gold leaf on top of cookie.
4. Place cookies on prepared baking sheet and bake for 9 minutes.
5. Let cool and add 2 pieces of HERSHEY’S GOLD Bar on top of cookie. Store covered at room temperature and enjoy within 7 to 9 days. Makes 7 cookies.