Gold Rush Stuffed Cookies
Cookies dusted with gold flakes and HERSHEY’S CHIPITS Sea Salt Caramel Chips, stuffed with HERSHEY’S GOLD Bar and peanut butter.
SKILL LEVEL : BeginnerPREP TIME : 10 Minutes
|1/2 cup||unsalted butter, softened (125 mL)|
|3/4 cup||brown sugar (175 mL)|
|1/2 tsp||baking soda (2 mL)|
|1/2 tsp||salt (2 mL)|
|1 tsp||vanilla extract (5 mL)|
|1/2 cup||HERSHEY’S Cocoa (125 mL)|
|2 1/4 cups||all-purpose flour (550 mL)|
|1 cup||HERSHEY’S CHIPITS Sea Salt Caramel Chips (250 mL)|
|14 pieces||HERSHEY’S GOLD Bar (inside cookie)|
|3.5 tsp||smooth peanut butter (inside cookie) (2 mL)|
|14 pieces||HERSHEY’S GOLD Bar (top of cookie)||Large size pretzel (top of cookie)||Flake of edible gold leaf (top of cookie)|
- 1. Preheat oven to 350°F (180°C). Line one to two baking sheets with parchment paper.
2. Mix softened butter, sugar, baking soda, cocoa and salt. Add vanilla, flour and HERSHEY’S CHIPITS baking chips. Knead with hands until even consistency.
3. Take 2 tablespoons (30 mL) dough and roll into two balls. Flatten on a cutting board. Place two pieces of HERSHEY’S GOLD Bar and peanut butter on one piece of dough. Top with the other piece of dough to create a sandwich and seal the edges. Press pretzel and flake of edible gold leaf on top of cookie.
4. Place cookies on prepared baking sheet and bake for 9 minutes.
5. Let cool and add 2 pieces of HERSHEY’S GOLD Bar on top of cookie. Store covered at room temperature and enjoy within 7 to 9 days. Makes 7 cookies.