Glazed Cranberry Mini-Cakes Recipe
Perfect for your morning pastry tray or with a cup of tea, these lovely little cakes are dainty and delicious.
SKILL LEVEL : BeginnerPREP TIME : 30 Minutes
- 1/3 cup butter or margarine, softened (75 mL)
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar (75 mL)
- 1/3 cup packed light brown sugar (75 mL)
- 1 egg (1)
- 1 1/4 tsp vanilla (6 mL)
- 1 1/3 cups all-purpose flour (325 mL)
- 3/4 tsp baking powder (4 mL)
- 1/4 tsp baking soda (1 mL)
- 1/4 tsp salt (1 mL)
- 2 tbsp milk (30 mL)
- 1 1/4 cups coarsely chopped fresh cranberries (300 mL)
- 1/2 cup coarsely chopped walnuts (125 mL)
- 1 2/3 cups CHIPITS White Chocolate Chips, divided (400 mL)
- 1. Pre-heat oven to 350°F (180°C). Lightly grease or paper-line small muffin cups (1-3/4 inches/4.5 cm in diameter).
2. In large bowl, beat butter, sugars, egg and vanilla extract until fluffy.
3. In medium bowl, mix together flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt; gradually mix into butter mixture. Add milk; stir until blended.
4. Stir in cranberries, walnuts and 2/3 cup (150 mL) of the white chocolate chips (reserve remaining chips for glaze). Fill muffin cups about 7/8 full with batter.
5. Bake 18 to 20 minutes or until wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. Let cool 5 minutes; remove from pans to wire rack. Cool completely.
6. Prepare WHITE CHOCOLATE GLAZE; drizzle over top of mini-cakes. Refrigerate 10 minutes to set glaze.
Makes 3 dozen.
WHITE CHOCOLATE GLAZE:
Place remaining 1 cup (250 mL) white chocolate chips in small microwave-safe bowl; sprinkle 2 tbsp (30 mL) vegetable oil over chips. Microwave on HIGH (100%) 30 seconds; stir. If necessary, microwave 30 seconds longer or just until chips are melted when stirred.