Ginger Chip Muffins Recipe
SKILL LEVEL : Beginner
|1 1/4 cups||canned evaporated milk (300 mL)|
|1/3 cup||vegetable oil (75 mL)|
|1/3 cup||liquid honey (75 mL)|
|1 tbsp||grated orange rind (15 mL)|
|2 1/2 cups||all-purpose flour (625 mL)|
|1 tbsp||baking powder (15 mL)|
|1/2 tsp||salt (2 mL)|
|1 tsp||ground ginger (5 mL)|
|1 2/3 cups||CHIPITS Milk Chocolate Chips (270 g)|
|1/4 cup||chopped crystallized ginger (50 mL)||TOPPING|
|1/4 cup||finely chopped crystallized ginger (50 mL)|
|3 tbsp||granulated sugar (45 mL)|
- 1. Heat oven to 375°F (190°C). Line muffin cups with large paper liners or spray with non-stick cooking spray.
2. In large bowl, beat egg, evaporated milk, oil, honey and orange rind.
3. In medium bowl, mix flour, baking powder, salt and ginger. Stir into liquid ingredients, stirring just until moistened.
4. Stir in chips and 1/4 cup (50 mL) chopped ginger. Spoon batter into prepared muffin cups.
5. TOPPING: In small bowl, mix together crystallized ginger and sugar. Sprinkle over top of muffins. (Add a few more chips to top, if desired.)
6. Bake 15 to 20 minutes or until tops spring back when lightly touched.
Makes 12 muffins.
For an even greater burst of chocolate taste, substitute HERSHEY'S CHIPITS Baking Chips with HERSHEY'S CHIPITS Chunks.