Giant Chocolate Chip Cookie Recipe
|6 tbsp||butter or margarine, softened (90 mL)|
|1/2 cup||granulated sugar (125 mL)|
|1/4 cup||packed light brown sugar (50 mL)|
|1/2 tsp||vanilla (2 mL)|
|1 cup||all-purpose flour (250 mL)|
|1/2 tsp||baking soda (2 mL)|
|1 2/3 cups||CHIPITS Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips (400 mL)|
- 1. Heat oven to 350°F (180°C). Line 12-inch (30 cm) metal pizza pan with foil.
2. In large bowl, beat butter, granulated sugar and brown sugar until fluffy. Beat in egg and vanilla until creamy.
3. In medium bowl, mix flour and baking soda; stir into mixture with chocolate chips. Spread batter evenly in prepared pan, spreading to 1-inch (2.5 cm) from edge.
4. Bake 20 to 25 minutes or until lightly brown and set. Cool completely; carefully lift cookie from pan and remove foil. Decorate as desired; cut into wedges to serve.
Makes 8 to 10 servings.
• "PERFECTLY CHOCOLATE" GIANT CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIE: Stir 1/3 cup (75 mL) HERSHEY'S Cocoa in with flour mixture.