Fudgy Mint Cheesecake Bars Recipe
SKILL LEVEL : AdvancedPREP TIME : 20 Minutes
- 1/2 cup CHIPITS Dark Chocolate Chips or CHIPITS Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips (125 mL)
- 2/3 cup butter, divided (approx.) (150 mL)
- 2 cups granulated sugar (500 mL)
- 1 cup all-purpose flour (250 mL)
- 4 eggs, divided (4)
- 2 tsp vanilla extract (10 mL)
- 1 pkg (8 oz) brick-style cream cheese, softened (250 g)
- 1 tbsp cornstarch (15 mL)
- 1 can sweetened condensed milk (398 mL)
- 1 tsp peppermint extract (5 mL)
- Green food colouring (optional)
- CHOCOLATE GLAZE:
- 1 cup CHIPITS Dark Chocolate Chips or CHIPITS Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips (250 mL)
- 1/2 cup whipping cream (125 mL)
- 1. Preheat the oven to 350°F (180°C). Butter a 9 x 13-inch (3 L) baking pan; set aside. Melt chocolate chips with 1/2 cup (125 mL) butter. Combine chocolate mixture with sugar, flour, 3 eggs and vanilla in large bowl. Beat until well blended; spread mixture into prepared pan. Bake for 12 minutes.
2. Meanwhile, beat cream cheese with remaining butter and cornstarch in medium bowl until fluffy. Gradually beat in sweetened condensed milk, then remaining egg, peppermint extract and food colouring (if using). Pour mixture over hot brownie layer. Bake for 30 minutes or until set.
3. Chocolate Glaze: Combine chocolate chips and whipping cream in small saucepan set over low heat. Cook, stirring constantly, until thickened and smooth. Spread over top cheesecake layer; cool. Refrigerate until set. Cut into bars. Store covered in refrigerator.
Makes 24 to 36 bars.