Fudgy Dark Brownies Recipe
SKILL LEVEL : Beginner
- 3/4 cup HERSHEY'S Cocoa (175 mL)
- 1/2 tsp baking soda (2 mL)
- 2/3 cup butter or margarine (melted and divided) (150 mL)
- 1/2 cup boiling water (125 mL)
- 2 cups sugar (500 mL)
- 2 eggs (2)
- 1 1/3 cups all-purpose flour (325 mL)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract (5 mL)
- 1/4 tsp salt (1 mL)
- 1 cup CHIPITS Dark Chocolate Chips (250 mL)
- 1. Heat oven to 350°F (180°C). Grease 13x9x2-inch (33 x 23 x 5 cm) baking pan.
2. Stir together cocoa and baking soda in large bowl; stir in 1/3 cup (75 mL) butter. Add boiling water; stir until mixture thickens. Stir in sugar, eggs and remaining 1/3 cup (75 mL) butter; stir until smooth. Add flour, vanilla and salt; blend completely. Stir in chocolate chips. Pour into prepared pan.
3. Bake 35 to 40 minutes or until brownies begin to pull away from sides of pan. Cool completely in pan on wire rack. Frost if desired. Cut into squares.
Makes about 36 brownies.
For an even greater burst of chocolate taste, substitute HERSHEY'S CHIPITS Baking Chips with HERSHEY'S CHIPITS Chunks.